The Spiders suffered their first loss of the season when Alloa scored twice in the last few minutes to claim all three points in a dramatic game at Firhill.

Laurie Ellis made no changes to his team from last week and hoped his side would claim back-to-back wins after a 3-0 success against Dumbarton.

Alloa started with a 4-4-2 formation and with Boyd and Sammon up front, the aim would be to cause the Spider’s defence problems.

Queen’s got off to the worst possible start when Alloa scored within 36 seconds. Stefan Scougall found Cawley who spun his marker to find the back of the net.

It took Queen’s Park a while to settle into the game and Alloa could have doubled their lead when Taggart fired a low shot from the edge of the box which was comfortably saved by Muir.

Queen’s Park’s first half-chance came when Taggart nearly scored into his own net and the subsequent corner led to Fernandy Mendy having to head clear a dangerous Longridge cross.

Queen’s Park levelled in the 34th minute. Doyle slid a pass through to Gillespie who found McHugh who slotted it past the keeper to score his third league goal of the season.

The second half got off to a fast start and Alloa had the first chance when Boyd picked the ball up but dragged his shot wide.

Moments later Queen’s Park took the lead when Robson cut into the middle of the park and put a through ball into McHugh who scored his second goal of the game.

In the 54th minute Alloa equalised when Scougall’s corner found Howie who headed the ball into the bottom corner.

Alloa could have taken the lead again when Boyd chipped the ball into the box, however Gilmour snatched his half volley wide.

Queen’s Park had a penalty claim when McHugh’s shot deflected off an Alloa defender, but referee Chris Fordyce waved away the appeals and play continued.

The Spiders piled on the pressure and almost restored their lead when Charlie Fox’s shot nearly crept in, but Wright just managed to keep the ball out.

Luca Connell was introduced to the game in the 79th minute and quickly made an impact. His free kick was floated into the box, and it was cleared off the line twice before Murray eventually blazed it over the bar from close range.

Moments later Connell had another free kick and he hit a wonderful effort from thirty yards which hit the inside of the post but bounced clear.

In the 88th minute, Queen’s took a deserved lead when, when following an Alloa corner, Queen’s counter attacked. Longridge picked up the ball, took it past a defender and the goalkeeper, before crossing for sub Luca Connell to fire the Spiders into the lead.

With 90 minutes on the clock, Alloa equalised when the Queen’s defence failed to deal with a ball thrown into the box and substitute Henderson found the bottom corner.

There would be heartbreak for Queen’s Park when in the 92nd minute, Gilmour’s long pass was picked up by Henderson and he fired the ball into the net to claim all three points for Alloa.

The long trip to Cove Rangers awaits the Spiders on Saturday and they will be hoping to put this defeat behind them and get back to winning ways.

Queens Park: Muir, Robson, Kilday, Longridge, McHugh, Brown (Moore 45′), Fox, Gillespie (Connell 79′), Thomson, Doyle, Smith (Murray 68′) Subs not used: Yeats, Longstaff, Davidson, Ferrie.

Alloa Athletic: Wright, Taggart, Mendy, Durnan, Robertson, Gilmour, Howie, Boyd, Scougall (Trouten 71′) , Cawley, Sammon (Henderson 71′). Subs not used: Burt, Church, O’Donnell, King, Lamont.

Referee: Chris Fordyce